Have College Pete At Your Next Event!
I'm Peter Ratzan of College Funding Specialists and I'm writing about a problem faced by 97% of all families with college-bound children: how to cope with the skyrocketing costs of college without sacrificing their retirement, life's saving or saddling themselves with the crushing burden of student debt. If your organizations' families have college-bound teens and are overwhelmed by what has become one of the most pressing concerns of our times, I can help.
I teach a class on the 'Inside Secrets' of college funding, and have successfully partnered with many educators and community organizations to provide this advice to their members. Here's how the class works.
I personally come to your establishment and conduct a workshop, including Q&A, on how the financial aid process really works, even for 'forgotten' middle class families who may have never considered applying for grants or scholarships in the past.
I can customize the program to meet your members' specific needs and interests, but a typical class would cover late-stage college funding strategies that when implemented, can restock the odds in their favor and show how cost need not influence their child's college options. Some of the topics I discuss include:
- How to research and assemble the perfect college list – one that includes schools that meet your child's academic and social needs AND have money to give, and graduate their students in four (not six) years
- Why our state universities can cost more than the so-called pricey private colleges (even if you have Bright Futures and the Florida Pre-Paid program)
- How Financial Need Is Calculated and Why The Advice of Your Financial Advisor or CPA May Cost You Thousands In College Scholarships (The Dept. of Ed. Title IV regulations are complex and confusing – it's like a game, but it's only winnable if you know the rules).
- How To Avoid Financial Aid scams and dubious 'loan' options and instead optimize your chances for legitimate scholarships and grants
- What You Can Do to reduce your out-of-pocket costs and pay for college on a tax-favored basis, If you did not receive enough financial aid
Randi Trazenfeld, the former Program Chair of the Miami-Palmetto HS PTSA wrote an email to me calling the class a 'PTSA Program Chair's dream as it was well attended and well received.' She went on to say that my talks 'drew two of our largest audiences this year and parents overwhelmingly gave the presentation two thumbs up…"
Another repeat partner, Allan Prindle, who is the President and CEO of Power Financial Credit Union, said this: "We are pleased to team up once again with 'College Pete' and offer the community a free workshop with plenty of practical tips on how to pay for college. Getting a college education is so important, but finding the funds to pay for the experience can be a challenge. It's no surprise that these seminars have been standing room only because everyone wants to know the secrets behind securing free financial aid and the ways to 'play the financial aid game' correctly."
And one Miami attendee, Martha Salas said, "attending the workshop was the best decision I could have made."
If you are interested in having me conduct a workshop for your members or prospective members, please contact me or contact my office directly at 954-659-1234.
Peter Ratzan, MBA
May 23, 2013 • 2:00 p.m.
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
PUBLIC WORKSHOP - Registration Suggested
June 19, 2013 • 6:30 p.m.
Pinecrest Community Center
5855 SW 111 Street
Pinecrest, FL 33156
Strategies for choosing, getting accepted to & Paying Wholesale For College. We'll be providing tips and advice for "forgotten" middle class parents who are overwhelmed and stressed by what has become a year-round, complex and competitive college admissions and funding process. Suited for parents of 10th and 11th graders or anyone who wants to learn the inside secrets of getting into and getting a discount for college.